Here's me in labor. Merry took this photo- you can see my legs and arms. I remember being on my feet until time to push. You can see Kris beside me- my labor assistant. She was incredible! She helped Brian and I do this the way we wanted to...drug free, wide awake, fully conscious and intentional.
Time-line: water broke at 9:50 am
Picked Merry up at school 10:45 am
Hospital around 11:15 am
Birth at 2:13 pm
We went home the next afternoon.
This is my labor necklace.
I was in a "due date club" on a mothering website. All the mothers that were due in May sent a bead/s to one woman- she sent them out to everyone. Then we each made a necklace. There are all kinds of beads- from all over the world. I added a few from my grandmothers. (Ma-Ma's red beads and the big round moonstone at the bottom)
the silver necklace in the middle is sort of a Sheila-na-gig (only a nicer version than the Celtic one). I wore it while pregnant and giving birth to Merry, also.

Welcome Ronan!
Ronan Flynn Hayes-Gates
Born Wednesday, May 25
@ 2:13 pm
8 lbs
21 inches
Merry is a very proud big sister!
As well as us parents, Brian & Joy. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment